Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 1 - Off to Quebec!

After a long day of traveling -- to the train station , and then to Quebec on the train , and then waiting to go to my house -- I'm sitting in bed exhausted !! It's been a long day , one with tears , hugs , kisses , and laughs . Riding the train with Shanna was definitely the days highlight , the whole 6 hours of it !! It was worth the wait ! We got through 2 boxes of mike and ikes , a bag of chips , 2 water bottles , a couple fruit to go's , some licorice , a movie , and a little facebook creeping . Oh , and a nap :$ lol .

I finally started feelin nervous when we got closer to Montreal , the fear of the unknown started to hit me . After our long train ride , the 7 of us from Barrie stayed in a group going through the train station . As all the other regions from Ontario grouped off as well , they got their coordinators . But we didn't get ours at all . Apparently Valerie was on a plane coming to Montreal :s so we got to wait that much longer than everyone else until we were given an extra coordinator . We spent 2 hours in the train station from after we got off the train until wwe finally left ; it made our day so much longer !! But we all finally got paired off into our families and left separately .

It didn't take long for me to get to my host families house from the train station , 20 mins maybee . The pictures from Gabriels portfolio definitely looked different than the real thing !! But their house is so cute , and I have a room all to myself , with a nice double bed ! ;) I had dinner with the family - the WHOLE family !! This included Gabriel's parents , Alex and Manon , his twin sister Caroline , his other 2 sisters , Vanessa and Anne-Marie , and both their boyfriends . It was a full table ! After dinner , we all went outside to sit by the fire , but we each started heading off to bed soon after .

So far , everything is a bit overwhelming . They speak so fast it makes it harder to understand , it might turn out to be a long 6 weeks lol .

So I hope my phone bill doesn't turn out to be that bad this summer mom and dad , cause I'm gonna be doing alot of calling to everyone :) Love you and miss you all already !!



-em <3 xox

No comments:

Post a Comment